Saturday, October 11, 2014

Meet Paula

Let me introduce you to my latest creation:  Miss Paula, before and after:
 
 
Paula is an antique walnut lingerie dresser with lots of broken veneer, and missing hardware, but needs a lot of TLC.  First I glue back the missing veneer, after two days of drying I cleaned it well and begun my secret magic tricks.  Paula begun to look a lot better, but she was begging for more.
 





 



 
 
I dressed her up with some antique glass knobs, some gold designs around the knobs, then some more
hand design on each side.  Then I waxed the entire piece and I'm not sure if I will put the casters back on. She is ready to enjoy in her new home, perhaps a beautiful bedroom.  I used Annie Sloan paint which I love because it is non toxic and it goes like butter in the old wood.
 
Please let me know if you think I need to put the original casters or not, I like it as is very simple and elegant.
 
Martha
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment